Ever hear of the term “preppers?” These are the people that take it upon themselves to prepare for any possible apocalypse scenario you can imagine. Some carry their trusty “Zombie Survival Guide,” everywhere they go. Some have coordinated escape plans in case of economic collapse. Some have stored up years of food and guns in case of military takeover.
Then, there are the preppers that take it to a whole new level. They build homes that make one stare in wonder. These people construct housing that is either ultra secure, or hilariously insecure, despite all their careful planning. Either way, these homes are definitely something worth checking out.
So without further ado....I give you Zombie Proof Homes......
1. Corrupt government takeover? Check. Zombie apocalypse? Check. Tsunamis? Uh oh…
2. Here we have two levels of defensive positioning, camouflage for high flying threats
and a fun ramp to pull a “Dukes of Hazzard” get away!
3. Zombies? Heck. It would take Godzilla to get in there!
4. Not only is this strategically elevated, but you can grow your food
right outside of the windows!
5. Who wouldn’t wait out the apocalypse in a luxury boat house?
6. This might be a place for escaping a deadly virus.
This also could be the hidden science facility the virus was born in…
7. You have to love a hidden bunker, many stories deep into the ground,
yet has a bright yellow “easy retreat” hatch out in the open.
8. This may be good for surviving a flood, or convincing invading aliens
that your house is one of their ships in wood panel disguise.
Anything else and I think I would have taken the bunker with the bright yellow hatch.
9. “End of the world? We have a castle! Who wants to play a game of tennis?”
10. Armored plating, mounted guns, and elevated in the middle of the sea?
They prepared for anything! Though, how much food can you fit in there?
11. With apocalyptic scenarios, there’s no such thing as overkill. Only insurance.
12. Put the right critters in that moat, with a little bridge protection
and anti-air support, and you are looking at a pretty fortified home.
13. Great flood? Who needs an ark?
By David Sporleder | Sporleder-Ray Realty Group | firstname.lastname@example.org| Google+