What is Cape Coral Real Estate Curb Appeal and Why Do You Need it? If it's time to sell your Cape Coral property, take into consideration the curb appeal of your home. If you aren't even sure what curb appeal is all about, or why it's so important, read on...
Emotional vs. Practical
The purchase of a home is much more than a real estate investment in a solid structure that is well constructed and will last throughout the years. Although buyers are certainly concerned with the condition of the roof, the plumbing, and the overall soundness of the structure, we all know there is much more to a home purchase than those rather boring but necessary details.
For the most part, a home purchase is a very emotional decision. In order to command a higher dollar amount from the sale of your Cape Coral home, you're going to have to appeal to this part of the process. That's where curb appeal comes in.
Very similar to a first impression when meeting a potential employer, a new client, or even a first date, if you want to sell your Cape Coral property without it sitting on the market for months, you are going to have to make every detail count. When a potential buyer pulls up to your property, a hundred tiny assessments are going on in their mind, all simultaneously. That's what curb appeal is all about. Your potential buyers will immediately assess factors such as location.
- Location (what did the neighborhood vibe feel like on the drive?)
- Does the home itself evoke a feeling of being well cared for? What does the lawn look like? Is the paint fresh and vibrant?
- The plus factor. What are the shining qualities of this home? Is it a Cape Coral waterfront home or does it have a beautiful pool?
Some of the factors are within your scope of control as a seller, and some of them simply aren't. There's not much you can do if the guy down the street chooses your open house as the day he will work on his 4-wheel drive truck in his front lawn while his buddies stand around drinking beer (and we hope this doesn't happen to you), but there are quite a few factors that ARE within your control. Here's a top 10 list of things you can do right now to improve your real estate curb appeal.
Improve Your Curb Appeal
- Instant Facelift - You'd be amazed by how many people don't realize that their mailbox, their front porch light fixture, and even their house numbers are dilapidated. If yours are weather worn or dingy, these are quick fixes that can offer quite a face lift to your entryway.
- Your Front Door - Your entryway is definitely the focal point of curb appeal. If your front door is worn, dirty, or just not that appealing, you may want to invest in a custom wood door or at least give your current door a blast of color with a new paint job and shiny new door fixtures.
- Outdoor Lighting - Landscape lighting that follows the walkway or accentuates the shrubbery can make a huge impact on your Cape Coral home's curb appeal. Solar powered lighting is basically out of the box and into the ground as far as installation goes.
- Instant Garden - Container gardens are relatively inexpensive and can add a splash of vibrant color to your front porch or entryway.
- Weed those Plant Beds - Overgrown shrubbery and weed filled flower gardens send the message that you've given up on your home upkeep. This can leave a potential buyer wondering if you've done the same with necessary repairs around the house. Send the right message by either weeding and pruning yourself, or hiring a professional landscaper to get the job done.
- Tile Your Doorstep - This is a project that can be accomplished in a weekend, and you'd be absolutely amazed at the results. Instead of a drab, concrete stoop, a tiled entryway gives a polished and very high end look to a home's entryway.
- Pressure Wash the Driveway - If your driveway is stained and dingy from oil spills, mold, or just in need of a good cleaning, a blast from the pressure washer can bring it back to life. Your driveway takes up a pretty large area and one that is full of oil spills and other various stains will be noticed immediately by potential buyers.
- Pressure Wash the Home's Exterior - While you've got that pressure washer out, you may want to blast the mold spots and cobwebs away from the home's exterior as well.
- Wash the Windows - Clean and sparkling front windows take very little effort to achieve, but are also a big part of curb appeal and a finished, polished, well cared for home.
- Get Rid of Clutter - Before your potential buyers pull up, take a second look. Is there clutter anywhere? Do the garbage containers need to be stored away from view? Anything that isn't part of the beauty of the home should be stored in the garage or put away.
These 10 tips are quick fixes that can add to the emotional side of the home buying process. Curb appeal...it's that all important first impression. Be sure your Cape Coral property has it what it takes to impress potential buyers in the Cape Coral real estate market.
If you are ready to put your Cape Coral property on the market. We would be pleased to help you with the process. Call our office today. You'll be glad you did!